[openib-general] Problem running rping on chelsio T3 adapters

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Jul 20 07:59:32 PDT 2006

The ifconfig stuff looks ok.  thanks for sending it.

What firmware version are you using?  You might need to contact Chelsio
and get the correct firmware for the openib drivers.   ethtool -i will
show us what version you're using.  It should say something like this:

vic21:~ # ethtool -i eth2
driver: cxgb3
version: 1.0.0
firmware-version: T 2.38
bus-info: 0000:03:01.0
vic21:~ #

Also, ethtool -S will show you statistics to see if packets are flowing.

Please build the iw_cxgb3 driver with debug on and send me
the /var/log/messages snipits after running rping.  That'll help me
figure out what's up...

Steve.