[openib-general] Problem running rping on chelsio T3 adapters

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Jul 20 12:32:31 PDT 2006

The server log indicates the T3 RNIC got the listen command for port
9999.  The client log, however, shows no activity.  So I _think_ there
is still some configuration problem and the RDMA CMA is choosing the
wrong rdma interface for the outgoing connection.  Its certainly _not_
choosing the T3 rnic.

In fact, cma event 1 is 'ADDR ERROR' which I think means it couldn't
find a local rdma interface to reach the dst ipaddr -or- it found the
local interface, but couldn't resolve the neighbour ipaddr to a hw
address (ARP failed).

Lets re-examine the test:

Given the above 'rping' command, 150.10.11.200 is supposed to be the
rping server's rnic address.  However, your ifconfig output showed no
interface bound to 150.10.11.200.

Is this a pilot error, or did you change the config since you originally
sent out the 'rping' line above?

Steve.