[openib-general] openib tools to update mellnox firmware

somenath somenath at veritas.com
Mon Jul 24 10:21:05 PDT 2006

Tziporet Koren wrote:

> somenath wrote:
>
>> I see this messages while booting my system:
>>
>> Jul 17 10:35:37 alekhine kernel: ib_mthca 0000:03:00.0: HCA FW
>> version 4.6.0 is old (4.7.0 is current).
>> Jul 17 10:35:37 alekhine kernel: ib_mthca 0000:03:00.0: If you have
>> problems, try updating your HCA FW.
>>
>> where can I find the latest firmware for ib_mthca (pci express card)
>> and tools to update this?
>>
>> thanks, som.
>>

> Most updated FW is located at:
> http://www.mellanox.com/support/firmware_download.php
>
> You can download a binary image and burn it using mstflint (which is
> part of OFED), or download also MFT tools (from the same location) to
> create a binary image.
>
> Tziporet

thanks Tziporet.
from ur link , I am looking here
http://www.mellanox.com/support/firmware_table.php

for the exact HCA I have from your list. I don't find the exact match of
OPN and Card Rev (PSID) and I don't know how to find those.
all I found about that card is this:
[root at alekhine bin]# ./ibstat
CA 'mthca0'
        CA type: MT25208 (MT23108 compat mode)
        Number of ports: 2
        Firmware version: 4.6.0
        Hardware version: a0
        Node GUID: 0x0005ad0000039abc
        System image GUID: 0x0005ad000100d050

Is there another tool which will give me OPN/Card Rev (PSID) so that I
can match exactly from the table above?

also, another question: is the latest firmware backward compatible with
the openib stack I am using? (from redhat binary distribtution RH4
update 3)?

thanks, som.