[openib-general] RDMA Writes in kernel mode

Ramachandra K rkuchimanchi at silverstorm.com
Tue Jul 25 08:30:48 PDT 2006

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems none of the ULPs in the
Open Fabrics stack use RDMA Writes. Is it just because RDMA Write
semantics do not make sense in these ULPs or is there any other reason ?

The reason I ask is because I am trying to do RDMA Writes in a kernel
module and even though I get RDMA Write completions, I do not see the
data on the remote peer. I am not really sure why this is happening. Can
any one hazard a guess as to the reason for this behavior of RDMA Writes ?

Also, is there any piece of code that does RDMA Writes in kernel mode ?
I would appreciate any pointers to such code. It will help me in
verifying my code to see if I am missing something.

Regards,
Ram