[openib-general] openib tools to update mellnox firmware

somenath somenath at veritas.com
Tue Jul 25 09:34:35 PDT 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

>Quoting r. somenath <somenath at veritas.com>:
>

>>thanks Tziporet.
>>from ur link , I am looking here
>>http://www.mellanox.com/support/firmware_table.php
>>
>>for the exact HCA I have from your list. I don't find the exact match of
>>OPN and Card Rev (PSID) and I don't know how to find those.
>>all I found about that card is this:
>>[root at alekhine bin]# ./ibstat
>>CA 'mthca0'
>>        CA type: MT25208 (MT23108 compat mode)
>>        Number of ports: 2
>>        Firmware version: 4.6.0
>>        Hardware version: a0
>>        Node GUID: 0x0005ad0000039abc
>>        System image GUID: 0x0005ad000100d050
>>
>>Is there another tool which will give me OPN/Card Rev (PSID) so that I
>>can match exactly from the table above?
>>

>Try this:
>
>cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/board_id

in my setup that doesn't produce any output...if I do this:

[root at alekhine mthca0]# cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/board_id

that's an empty output. however cat'ing other files give some stuff e.g.:

[root at alekhine mthca0]# cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/fw_ver
4.6.0

[root at alekhine mthca0]# cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/hca_type
MT25208 (MT23108 compat mode)

[root at alekhine mthca0]# cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/hw_rev
a0

thanks, som.