[openib-general] ucma into kernel.org

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Jul 25 15:01:57 PDT 2006

>Hmm, thanks.
>So what you are saying is that we must destroy/recreate the QP as well,
>and this implies this must be done at ULP level. Right?

I believe so.

>So I guess if CMA rounds the retry count down to the max supported
>value, this will be enough for most ULPs, and if not, ULP
>can get the etry count, see that it is smaller than what user set,
>and destroy/retry.
>
>Sounds good?

I would rather the set failed if the value is too large.  We could expose the
maximum supported number of retries through a #define in the header file.

So, is the proposal to provide a generic set_option call for connection
parameters?  Is there any other parameter than retries?  Does a generic
connection timeout value work for TCP as well?