[openib-general] posting send requests in RTR

Caitlin Bestler caitlinb at broadcom.com
Thu Jul 27 15:18:38 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:

>> Alternately, it would be reasonable to simply document that a receive
>> completion *implied* a connection established event, and therefore
>> the application could post to the send queue after it reaped a
>> receive completion (or got a connection established event).
>
> The problem is that the QP is not in the RTS state, so cannot accept
> sends.

Well, I suppose if your adapter can be in a state where it has completed
a receive work request for a connection but is not yet convinced that
that connection is established then it would have to queue those work
completions somewhere.

If that is all you are proposing then I have no objections, an iWARP
adapter can never be in such a state.

But I am curious as to why completing a receive work request does
not place the QP in the RTS state since the end-to-end QP pairing
has obviously been confirmed, and therefore the QP can send.