[openib-general] Fwd: issues in ipoib

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Jul 31 12:58:55 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com>:
> Subject: Re: [openib-general] Fwd: issues in ipoib
>
> Roland Dreier wrote:
> >  > 4. module unloading races
> >  > http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2006-April/020397.html
> >
> > Might be worth looking at to see if it fixes the problems after Sean's
> > multicast changes.  Has anyone come up with a way to reliably get the
> > crash to happen?

Yes, this was posted on the list - the instructions just don't happen to
trigger the crash for Sean :(

> I think the problems resulting from the multicast changes have been resolved.  I
> wasn't treating an SA query id of 0 as valid, which threw off the reference
> counting by 1.  (I got a callback that I wasn't expecting.)

I think I saw crash reports on latest trunk last time I was running it.
I haven't the resources to re-test it at the moment, but I haven't
seen changes in ipoib/multicast since.

> With ipoib using the new multicast module, I'm not sure that it still has a
> module unload issue.  The problem gets pushed down to the multicast module instead.

Then the problem will be in multicast module unload instead.

--
MST