[openib-general] Re: RFC: ib_cache_event problems

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jun 6 13:48:11 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com>:
> Subject: Re: RFC: ib_cache_event problems
>
>     Michael> How then can we solve the problem of IPoIB querying the
>     Michael> cache as a result of an event, and getting a stale value?
>     Michael> Note we are actually seeing this in practice when
>     Michael> changing pkeys.
>
> It doesn't seem like a severe problem to me -- IPoIB will just check
> again in another second, right?

That would solve the problem, but -

int ipoib_ib_dev_up(struct net_device *dev)
{
        struct ipoib_dev_priv *priv = netdev_priv(dev);

        ipoib_pkey_dev_check_presence(dev);

        if (!test_bit(IPOIB_PKEY_ASSIGNED, &priv->flags)) {
                ipoib_dbg(priv, "PKEY is not assigned.\n");
                return 0;
        }

        set_bit(IPOIB_FLAG_OPER_UP, &priv->flags);

        return ipoib_mcast_start_thread(dev);
}

This doesn't seem to retry anything.

--