[openib-general] Re: race in mthca_cq.c?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Jun 8 14:23:22 PDT 2006

    Michael> Not in the driver I have: mthca_array_clear is at line
    Michael> 1351, mthca_cq_clean at line 1372.  Isn't
    Michael> mthca_array_clear freeing the slot in QP table?

Nope, the bitmap slot isn't freed until mthca_free().

    Michael> But there might be more EQEs for this CQN outstanding in
    Michael> the EQ which we have not seen yet.

Now that you mention it, that could be a real problem I guess.
synchronize_irq() isn't enough because the interrupt handler might not
have even started yet.

But on the other hand a CQ can't be destroyed until after all
associated QPs have been destroyed.  So could we really miss EQEs for
that long?

 - R.