[openib-general] Re: race in mthca_cq.c?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Jun 8 16:01:47 PDT 2006

    Roland> there's no guarantee the upper bits won't repeat -- or
    Roland> someone could be using 24 bits for index

    Michael> So we need something like mthca_clean_eq?

That's one obvious way to handle it.

We could also keep a list of freed CQNs and make sure we don't reuse
the CQNs until their associated EQ has been drained once.

Or just call the handler for that EQ an extra time after freeing the
CQ.  But I guess that would lead to tricky races against the regular
interrupt handler.

 - R.