[openib-general] [PATCH 0/5] multicast abstraction
sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Jun 9 14:19:24 PDT 2006
This patch series enhances support for joining and leaving multicast groups,
providing the following functionality:
1. Users identify a multicast group by a multicast IP address.
2. A user binds to a local RDMA device based on resolving the IP address.
3. A new multicast group is created. The parameters for the multicast group are
obtained based on the ipoib broadcast group, and the MGID is derived using the
same algorithm as ipoib, except with a different signature.
4. Any QP associated with the join is attached to the group once the join
5. A QP may join multiple groups.
Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty at intel.com>
More information about the general