[openib-general] MPI error when using a "system" call in mpi job.

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Jun 14 10:13:24 PDT 2006

>Subject: Re: [openib-general] MPI error when using a "system" call in mpi
job.

>We are on a modified RedHat RHEL4 kernel.  Roughly 2.6.9.  :-(

>I am going to try a 2.6.16 kernel I have built to see if it changes.

>Ira

We have also seen problems with the 2.6.9 kernel and system call
with Intel MPI. The problem seems to be fixed in the VM system
somewhere around 2.6.15. I tried to look at what was changed
to see if there was an easy patch that one could make to the
2.6.9 kernel to fix the problem, but it was not intuitively
obvious what exactly they changed that fixed the problem.

woody