[openib-general] MVAPICH failure on SGI Altix SLES10

Boris Shpolyansky boris at mellanox.com
Fri Jun 16 13:23:28 PDT 2006

Hi John,

Most probably you need to upgrade the FW on your HCAs.
See the following section from MVAPICH 0.9.7 User Guide:

7.2.5 Couldn't modify SRQ limit

This means that your HCA card doesn't support the ibv_modify_srq
feature. Please upgrade
the firmware version and OpenIB Gen2 libraries on your cluster. You can
obtain the latest
Mellanox firmware images from this webpage.
Even after updating your firmware and OpenIB Gen2 libraries, you
continue to experience
this problem, please edit make.mvapich.gcc and replace -DMEMORY_SCALE
with
-DADAPTIVE_RDMA_FAST_PATH. After making this change you need to re-build
the MVAPICH
library. Note that you should first try to update your firmware and
OpenIB Gen2 libraries
before taking this measure.
If you believe that your HCA supports this feature, yet you are
experiencing this problem,
please contact the MVAPICH community at
mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-state.edu.

Regards,