[openib-general] Fw: IPoIB multicast

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeep at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 22 10:22:01 PDT 2006

I am not sure if this mail got sent out. Please ignore if it is a
duplicate.

Pradeep
pradeep at us.ibm.com
----- Forwarded by Pradeep Satyanarayana/Beaverton/IBM on 06/22/2006 08:50
AM -----

Pradeep Satyanarayana/Beaverton/IBM
06/21/2006 10:28 PM

openib-general at openib.org
cc

Subject
IPoIB multicast

Can some one please explain the details of the IPoIB multicast. Or if
there is some previous discussion or documentation about that can I get a
pointer?

In particular I am looking to understand the details of  initiation of
multicast join throug ipoib_send() and the join completion appears to
happen through a MAD callback. How are the corresponding skbs freed? Why
is the tx_ring used for send and what is the mcast->pkt_queue used for.
Thanks for all the help.

Pradeep
pradeep at us.ibm.com