[openib-general] amso userspace

Pete Wyckoff pw at osc.edu
Fri Jun 23 11:56:25 PDT 2006

swise at opengridcomputing.com wrote on Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:26 -0500:
> You need to use librdmacm to setup iwarp connections. That's the only
> way it will work for the amso device.  See librdma/examples.  I also
> posted a patch to perftest/rdma_lat.c and rdma_bw.c that added a -c
> option to utilize the RDMA CMA.   The patch didn't get pulled in,
> however...

Thanks for the clarification.  rping and cmatose from the iwarp
branch work fine.  (The trunk versions are slightly different.)

I'll have to think about whether I'm willing to switch over to
rdmacm just yet.  I was hoping to stick with my hand-rolled
TCP-based connection setup, but understand why that is not possible
if I want to support iwarp gear on the same code base.

Having libamso and librdmacm show up in fedora-extras would
definitely help us make the transition, if you want the nudging.  :)
Thanks for all the iwarp work.

		-- Pete