[openib-general] Kernel Oops related to IPoIB (multicast module?)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jun 27 05:39:41 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:
> Thanks for the additional information.  I've been trying to reproduce this, but
> haven't been able to yet.  I did notice that there's a several second delay when
> calling modprobe -r ip_iboib, but only if I've tried to configure ib0 first.
> (No SM was running.)
>
> I am confused on one area.  After executing modprobe -r ib_ipoib, what kept
> ib_sa loaded?  (Why was modprobe -r ib_sa necessary?)  I would have expected it
> to be unloaded at the same time.
>
> - Sean

Hi Sean,
Resolving this issue is critical for us since it prevent us from any
usage of the new multicsat module.
An easy way to reproduce it is to use the OFED "openibd" script. Just
run "openibd start" and than "openibd stop" and you will see the
problem. This script is available within OFED release.

Thanks,
Tziporet