[openib-general] Local QP operation error

Ramachandra K rkuchimanchi at silverstorm.com
Tue Jun 27 06:21:19 PDT 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

>>The IB specifcation says that this error indicates an internal QP consistency
>>error. What are the possible reasons for this and is there any way I can pin
>>point the inconsistency ?
>>

>This normally indicates some kind of driver bug, or memory corruption.
>What is the value of the vendor_err field?

The vendor_err field value is 115 (0x73).

Just to clarify, I am writing the kernel module that is getting the local
QP operation error. I guess I am missing something in my code that
is causing the error. But I am unable to pinpoint the cause of the error.

Does this error point to some issue with the DMA address specified
in the work request SGE ?

Regards,
Ram