[openib-general] Kernel Oops related to IPoIB (multicast module?)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jun 27 23:33:05 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:

> I am working on trying to resolve this as my top priority at the
> moment, but I have not been able to reproduce this on my systems.  I
> want to understand why ib_sa was not unloaded as part of modprobe -r
> ib_ipoib, but why ib_multicast apparently was.  I will examine the
> script that you mentioned, but I typically do not run the OFED release.
>
> - Sean

No need to run the OFED release, just take openibd script from
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.0/ofed/openib/scripts/ and use
it: openibd start and openibd stop.

In order for it to load/unload modules you need also to have the file
openib.conf under /etc/infiniband directory with this content:

# Start HCA driver upon boot
ONBOOT=yes

# Load MTHCA
MTHCA_LOAD=yes