[openib-general] max_send_sge < max_sge

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Wed Jun 28 12:31:34 PDT 2006

At 10:51 AM 6/28/2006, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>Yep.  We could have an option to have the stack scale the requested values down
>to some legal set instead of failing an allocation.  But we couldn't come up
>with a clean way to tell the stack e.g.  what should it round down: the SGE or
>WR value.  Do you think selecting something arbitrarily might still be a good
>idea?

No! Well, not as the default. Otherwise, the consumer has to go back
and check what happened even on success, which is a royal pain and
highly inefficient.

Maybe we should pass in an optional attribute structure, that is returned
with the granted attributes on success, or the would-have-been attributes
on failure?

Tom.