[openib-general] ipath patch series a-comin', but no IB maintainer to shepherd them

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jun 29 09:38:57 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Andrew Morton <akpm at osdl.org>:
> > Hi, Andrew -
> >
> > I have a pile of patches for the ipath driver that I'd like to get in
> > during the "open season" window.  Roland has his hands full with diapers
> > and other sprog paraphernalia as of a few days ago, so I doubt he'll see
> > this message soon, much less care about the patches.
> >
> > Given Roland's presumed unavailability, would the appropriate thing be
> > to drop the patches into -mm and then push them along to Linus, or what?
> >

> We can do that, sure.  Please cc openib and lkml and netdev and
> whatever-else-you-can-think of when you send them over.

Yes, -mm seems like a good way to get more review.

Further, in the hope that this will help keep things reasonably stable till
Roland comes back, and help everyone see what's being merged, I have
created a git branch for all things infiniband going into 2.6.18.

You can get at it here:
	git://www.mellanox.co.il/~git/infiniband  mst-for-2.6.18

This currently includes a single patch from Venkatesh Babu:
	IB/core: Set alternate port number when initializing QP attributes.

that has been checked into openib svn by Sean.

Please Cc me on infiniband patches that are going to be merged and I'll do my
best to compile, test and if it works put them there.  If everyone does this, I
also hope this will help Roland when he's back to figure out where do things
stand.

Thanks,

--
Michael S. Tsirkin