[openib-general] A few questions about IBMgtSim

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Fri Jun 30 08:04:35 PDT 2006

Hi Sven,

Currently there is no way to scale simulation time to real time.
The main reason is that the time scale is mixed:
* OpenSM calculation time is about the same (if you run the simulator on
remote node)
* SMA time and packet traversal time is not scaling at all and the
larger the fabric the larger the scaling factor. In real life the
hardware handles the packets in simulation it is a single CPU

EZ

Eitan Zahavi
Senior Engineering Director, Software Architect
Mellanox Technologies LTD
Tel:+972-4-9097208
Fax:+972-4-9593245
P.O. Box 586 Yokneam 20692 ISRAEL