[openib-general] Re: mods to tvflash/configure.in broke build

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Wed Mar 1 08:52:07 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 06:33:16PM +0200, Jack Morgenstein wrote:
>On Wednesday 01 March 2006 18:08, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>>
>> # dpkg -S /usr/include/pci/pci.h
>> pciutils-dev: /usr/include/pci/pci.h
>>
>> respectively on a SuSE box
>> # rpm -qf /usr/include/pci/pci.h
>> pciutils-devel-2.1.99_test9-3

>> Perhaps you need to install the pciutils-devel package?
>Before the patch, I noted that the search for pci/pci.h failed in our builds,
>but this did not break the configure -- configure just continued to run.

So tvflash was never built since you don't have the proper headers
installed.

Configure now detects this proper and errors out, so everything is ok.

>We don't install the pciutils-devel package as a rule.

Well, if you don't have pciutils-devel on your build-host, then you
cannot build tvflash. If you request to configure and build tvflash and
don't have the prerequisites installed, then this is an error.