[openib-general] Dusting off OpenIB Bugzilla

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Wed Mar 1 09:34:07 PST 2006

I am reviving http://www.openib.org/bugzilla this morning, as part of
getting ready for 1.0rc1.

If you're unfamiliar with Bugzilla, its view of the world has two parts:
products and components.  A product can have multiple components.

Right now, there's only one product defined in OpenIB's Bugzilla,
"OpenIB".  It has a few components defined, such as SDP, mthca driver
support, and so on.

A parenthetical note:

        It might make more logical sense to get rid of the OpenIB
        product and move the current components up to product status.
        This would let us have a Mellanox product that had driver and
        userspace components, for example.

        However, I'm not sure this is worth the effort, so I propose to
        just leave the layout as it is for now, and we can reorganise
        the bug database if it ends up getting heavy use.

Now back to our regular scheduled discussion: I need to create new
components, and give them sensible default owners.

The current components are:

        Access Layer	InfiniBand Access Layer
        DAPL		Direct Access Programming Library
        IPoIB		IP over InfiniBand
        OpenSM		Subnet Manager
        SDP		Sockets Direct Protocol
        SRP		SCSI Remote Protocol
        ipath driver	PathScale InfiniPath driver
        mthca driver	Mellanox HCA driver

I have no idea what "InfiniBand Access Layer" is supposed to be -
perhaps verbs?  This needs a more meaningful name.

Most of the components above have a default owner of
bugzilla at openib.org, which is a bit confusing (where does that mail go?
I don't know).  I'd prefer to have humans be the default owners.

To that end, I've set up Hal as the OpenSM owner, and myself as the
ipath owner.  If you think you should logically own a component, please
let me know.  Just create a Bugzilla account for yourself and tell me
what email address you're using.

Other components that I can think of that need adding:

        ehca driver	IBM HCA driver
        iSER		iSCSI Extensions for RDMA
        librdmacm	RDMA connection management library
        Verbs		Use this name instead of "Access Layer"?

I don't know if MVAPICH really belongs in OpenIB Bugzilla.  Opinions?

	<b

--
Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at pathscale.com>