[openib-general] NFSoRDMA

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Wed Mar 1 16:09:02 PST 2006

At 06:25 PM 3/1/2006, Brad Dameron wrote:
>Anyone have the NFS over RDMA working? I have tried getting the CITI
>patches to compile with no luck. I am using the Voltaire IB card's which
>appear to be Mellanox MT23108 cards.

The CITI server will not compile and link on a generic OpenIB-enabled
kernel (it needs kDAPL). That code was a prototype and there is no
further work on it planned.

Instead we are developing a new server which uses native OpenIB and
will implement the full protocol including direct RDMA transfers and
multiple credits (two major elements not in the CITI code). It will be
released next week in first-functional form.

I assume you have seen the client announcement from a couple of
weeks back? Have you had any issues with that code?
<http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2006-February/016218.html>

Anyway, watch here for the followup - It will have client changes based
on comments here and from others in the NFS community as well.

I'll mail here when we've assembled the patches (next week).

Tom.