[openib-general] ipoib and core patches for 2.6.17

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Mar 2 08:31:16 PST 2006

Guys, I'm worried that several critical IMO issues reported (with patches)
a long time ago still aren't fixed even on svn trunk.
I agree the issues are non-trivial races, but I wander whether you could give
these a bit higher priority?

Roland, could we get the discussion going again on my pile of ipoib patches?

IPoIB at stress causes system hangs for me unless I apply them, and I dont
cherish the perspective of debugging these all over again, so I'm always running
with all of them applied. Its rock solid with them.

I can repost them one by one, adding detailed description and failure scenarious
if needed. If we could get, at least, a patch per day discussed, we'll be in a
good shape in 2.6.17 time scale.

Would that work?

Sean, there's a patch
https://openib.org/svn/trunk/contrib/mellanox/patches/mad_port_close.patch
which corrects an oops condition in mad.c. You had efficiency concerns with
respect to this patch, but no better solution surfaced. Could you try fixing
this if you have a better idea?

--
Michael S. Tsirkin
Staff Engineer, Mellanox Technologies