[openib-general] Re: ipoib and core patches for 2.6.17

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Mar 2 11:07:15 PST 2006

Quoting Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com>:

BTW, is it rolandd at cisco.com, rdreier at cisco.com, or both?

>     ipoib_flush_wq_1.patch:
>         I need to dedicate some time to looking at this.  I don't like
>         putting more stuff into the ipoib workqueue, so I want to look
>         for a different solution to the fix.

I wander why. However, since ipoib workqueue is single-threaded, this gives us
a drastically simple solution to all synchronisation problems, good for
everything that isn't data-path.

Roland, how adding a global, system-wide, single-threaded wq to linux?
We might not be the only ones that have a problem with the default per-CPU
workqueue.

--
Michael S. Tsirkin
Staff Engineer, Mellanox Technologies