[openib-general] SRP compile warning in Branch 1.0

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Mar 3 14:49:30 PST 2006

    Bob> I looked at this briefly yesterday and it looks like the
    Bob> Scsi_Host struct is in the srp_target_port structure in a
    Bob> member called scsi_host, so if I read it right then this
    Bob> patch would fix the problem. However, if Roland or one of the
    Bob> SRP experts could review it, that would be great as I don't
    Bob> currently have a way to test SRP.

I don't know whether this will work or not.  The issue is really that
the SCSI stack until around 2.6.12 or so did not have the ability to
scan for all targets behind a given target port.  So I'm not sure you
can work around this simply by modifying the SRP initiator.  You may
have to add the appropriate patch to the SCSI midlayer.

 - R.