[openib-general] ping delay

Suresh Shelvapille suri at baymicrosystems.com
Sat Mar 4 15:52:53 PST 2006

Folks:

Two commercial switches are connected to each other via two of our devices
(which act like switches). One HCA is connected to each of the commercial
switches. Upon power up, everything is normal and when I ping one HCA from
the other everything is fine.
When everything is operational, if I move one of the HCAs from one switch
port to another on the same switch, then the pings start to take an enormous
amount of time....

When a port move happens, is there some SMP sent from the SM(the SM is on
the commercial switch) which we may not be handling in our device, which
could be causing this delay?

Thanks,
Suri