[openib-general] Re: neigh->ops destructor patch

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Mar 7 08:00:44 PST 2006

Quoting Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com>:
> Subject: [openib-general] Re: neigh->ops destructor patch
>
>     Michael> Roland, so I saw lots of messages on my destructor patch
>     Michael> being "applied". So, which tree is it in? How can I test
>     Michael> it?
>
> It is in davem's net-2.6.17 tree.  Unfortunately the patch he ended up
> taking has ipoib bits from http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/1/18/210, so it's
> missing an ipoib_multicast.c chunk.  We still need to get this
> straightened out.

Well, I hope you'll be able to straighten it out. Let me know.

>     Michael> I'd like to integrate the ipoib change in the svn (with
>     Michael> and ifdef for kernel version). OK?
>
> I'm not sure what this means -- what do you want to do exactly?

I'd like to fix the SM change issue (SM might reassign LIDs when
it is rerun, so AHs will become invalid), but it touches about
the same lines.

It would be nice if svn could be put in this form:

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,17)
	whatever should be in 2.6.17
#else
	old code
#endif

then everyone could post patches to you against svn,
and you would just remove the compatibility part for git.

Makes sense?

--
Michael S. Tsirkin
Staff Engineer, Mellanox Technologies