[openib-general] Please give 1.0 RC1 a whirl

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Mar 7 17:45:18 PST 2006

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
>         libibat
>         libibat-debuginfo
>         libibat-devel
>         libibat-utils

The kernel modules to support these are obsolete.  We should remove them from
the release.

>         libibcm
>         libibcm-debuginfo
>         libibcm-devel

I've been debating about whether to continue providing a direct userspace CM,
versus promoting the RDMA CM as the userspace connection manager.  I'm not aware
of any users of the userspace IB CM, and its use is restricted because userspace
SA query support is lacking.  I'd like to get some opinions on this.

This may be a component that we continue to make available through svn, but
avoid shipping as part of a release to reduce maintenance costs.