[openib-general] Re: closing qp0 & qp1

yipee yipeeyipeeyipeeyipee at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 07:31:47 PST 2006

Hal Rosenstock <halr <at> voltaire.com> writes:

[snip]
> > Is it possible to close qp0 & qp1 (normaly opened in mad.c)
> > and reopen them by myself (in my kernel module)?
> > I want to be able reply to MADs arriving at these qps without depending on
> > the openib kernel stack. Is this doable in the current
> > openib framework?
> I don't understand why you would want to do this.

I want to answer MAD requests from the SM but from some point in time in my
system's flow the kernel is blocked and taken over by my own code.
When the system is setting up I use openib to create connections between the
system's nodes, but from some point in time I start writing to Mellanox hardware
directly instead of using openib calls.
To do this with qp0 too (control it directly) I need to destroy its current
instance.

> I'm not sure how much surgery is needed to get everything to "work".

thanks,