[openib-general][patch review] srp: fmr implementation,

Vu Pham vuhuong at mellanox.com
Mon Mar 13 15:01:37 PST 2006

Roland Dreier wrote:
>     Vu> Hi Roland, Any progress/update on your review and merging up
>     Vu> this patch
>
> Sorry, I've been distracted by the huge mass of other code that has
> been submitted at the same time.
>
> By the way, do you have a test that you use to measure the performance
> impact of using FMRs?  Can you post any numbers?

I don't have a good test to measure performance; however, I ran multiple
dd streams on raw devices (no filesystem or buffer cache involved) to
measure the impact of using FMRs. With Mellanox srp target referenced
implementation SW + 14 SATA drives + PCI-E lion cub, I hit 850 MB/s with
FMRs and 710 MB/s without it.

Do you have a good test to measure performance?

Please locally apply the patch, measure the performance impact and post
any numbers if possible with your setup

Thanks,
Vu