[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] libibverbs 1.0 released

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Mar 13 15:40:40 PST 2006

I just tagged the 1.0 release of libibverbs and pushed it out to the
relevant channels, which means that it should appear on
http://openib.org/downloads/ shortly.  Binary packages will be in
Fedora Extras when the builds complete.

The API and ABI are now frozen for the 1.0 release series.  Any
incompatible changes will have to wait for the 1.1 release.  Bug fixes
and other changes that don't affect the library interface are of
course welcome any time.

Changes since 1.0-rc7 include:

 - Handle new kernel ABI (version 6) required to get SRQ size from
   kernel during create SRQ operation.

See the ChangeLog in the package for full details.

I have also released version 1.0 of libmthca, although now that the
libibverbs API and ABI are frozen, there's no reason for libibverbs
and libmthca to be released in lockstep.

I will open up a 1.1 development series for incompatible changes as
soon as I work out the source control logistics, with a goal of
releasing another major release in six months or so.  In the meantime,
libibverbs 1.0 will continue to be supported with source- and
binary-compatible releases as necessary.

Thanks,
  Roland