[openib-general] Please give 1.0 RC1 a whirl

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Tue Mar 14 06:55:11 PST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Moni Levy wrote:

> > On 3/13/06, James Lentini <jlentini at netapp.com> wrote:
> >
> > The kDAPL OpenIB provider still uses IBAT.
> >
> > I'd like to see a copy of this code available from OpenIB, but it
> > does not have to be on the trunk. For my purposes a copy in
> >
> > https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/shaharf-ibat
> >
> > would be acceptable.
>
>Do you plan to continue using this code ?

Going forward, I don't plan on using the IBAT code, but it is useful
when interacting with nodes running older IB software.

> > Any chance that this branch's at.c and at_priv.h
> > could be updated to match the versions on the trunk?
> >
> > I don't know the state of the shaharf-ibat branch.
>
>The shaharf-ibat branch was not maintained.

In that case, I'd suggest keeping a copy of the IBAT kernel and
userspace code in its own area of the tree. It doesn't need to be
maintained going forward.

Again, I don't mind keeping a copy at