[openib-general] Re: port_num

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Mar 15 16:01:19 PST 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> OK, so if we all agree bind with port 0 will select a free one,
> I'll proceed with this assumption and Sean will code up the IB part,
> iWarp part won't be a problem when its merged.

I'm still not sure about what needs to be done.  The CMA when running over IB
has a port space that is distinct from the TCP port space.  It's easy enough for
the CMA to make up some value, but having that work over all iWarp devices is
more challenging.  It's not clear to me how using inet_csk_get_port() helps,
since there isn't an actual socket for IB.