[openib-general] Re: port_num

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Mar 15 16:27:24 PST 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> How about we get something simple done for now for SDP on IB since that
> is still the first user of this functionality?
> And then we'll see how to improve from there.

I would agree, but I'm still not sure it's that easy.  Doesn't SDP have actual
sockets?  If an application running over SDP gets a TCP port number, and that
port number is generated by the CMA, then the port number seen by the user could
conflict with a real TCP port number.

I'm wondering if the correct approach wouldn't be for SDP to allocate a port
number and pass that to the CMA.  (Assuming that SDP has a socket.)