[openib-general] Re: Testing of 1.0 release candidates

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Thu Mar 16 07:43:54 PST 2006

Hi, Tziporet -

Thanks for the update.  It's great that you've run some tests, and I'll
be happy to fix stuff up for you.

> This brings me to the following suggestion: I think we should update the
> branch with code from the trunk.

I agree, sort of.  I don't want to do a wholesale pull of code from the
trunk into the branch.  I have no problem with specific files or even
entire subsystems being nominated, though.

So in your case, I should bring all the mthca driver and userspace
changes into the 1.0 branch, probably along with Roland's libibverbs 1.0
stuff too.  Does that sound right to you?

Unfortunately, Subversion is such a piece of complete crap for handling
merges that I think I'll end up using diff and patch to move changes
back and forth so I can tell what's happening.  It's either that or stop
using Subversion for real work at all and just dump periodic snapshots
in there from something sane.  Grumble, grumble.

	<b