[openib-general] oops with ipath and mvapich (branch 1.0)

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Mar 16 18:41:39 PST 2006

> I have pulled branch 1.0 and we just got in some ipath hardware.  When we tried
> to run some mvapich tests on it we got the following oops.  ibv_rc_pingpong
> worked.  I am going to see if the trunk works better for us.  Perhaps the 1.0
> branch is just too old?

Ira,

Sorry to hear you are having problems running running the ipath driver
with MVAPICH. We have done testing of the Pathscale hardware (svn
revision 5302) with various benchmarks -- including the OSU benchmarks you
ran.

I believe the problems you are experiencing are related to the SRQ
support in the ipath driver, not MVAPICH.

In our own testing, we were unable to use the SRQ support via the ipath
driver. Perhaps someone from Pathscale could comment on the stability of
SRQ support? The MVAPICH code with SRQ has been extensively tested with
the Mellanox adapters with no problems.

Could you please try compiling with -DADAPTIVE_RDMA_FAST_PATH instead of
-DMEMORY_SCALE? This will disable SRQ support but still leave support for
scalable memory usage of other buffers.

Please let us know if there are any other problems or if this solves the
issue.

Thanks,
Matthew Koop
-