[openib-general] rdma_conn_param private datalen

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Mar 20 12:39:22 PST 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Sean, its a bit unclear what do the private_data/private_data_len
> fields in rdma_conn_param do.
>
> It seems that the user has to set these to point to a buffer with
> including full private data, including the fields CMA fields, which
> is OK I guess but a bit counter-intuitive, so it might be
> a good ide to document this.

For most users, this is user-defined private data exchanged as part of the
connection.  Private_data points to a buffer of size private_data_len.  The user
does not include any CMA fields, or space for any CMA specific fields, so
private_data behaves like one would expect.

For SDP, the private_data points to the SDP hello header.  This is necessary
because of how the hello header is defined, with the location of the
source/destination address coming after SDP specific data.