[openib-general] mthca FMR correctness (and memory windows)

Diego Crupnicoff Diego at Mellanox.com
Mon Mar 20 18:32:33 PST 2006

I do not think you can effectively guess a PD. PD is a privileged field that
gets set at QP creation time (as opposed to rkeys that are postwqe input
modifiers). The side exposing the memory has to "agree" to open a QP on a PD
in order to make windows bound to that PD accessible through it.

> >> For this reason, iWARP requires its steering tags to be scoped to a
> single
> >> connection. This leverages the IP security model and provides
> correctness.
> >>
> >> It is true that IB implementations generally don't do this. They
> should.
> >
> >IB allows the 2 flavors (PD bound Windows aka type 1, and QP bound
> Windows aka type 2).
>
> Does mthca? I thought it's all type 1.

As noted before, currently mthca does not support memory windows at all.