[openib-general] Re: [CMA] re-connect procedure?

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Mar 21 16:23:31 PST 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> As was discussed here previously, there's still the need to retry after REJ
> indicating MTU problem (tavor work-around).
> In that case we'll be going back to ROUTE_RESOLVED, right?

That's a separate issue.  We're talking about what state the rdma_cm_id should
be in after the user calls disconnect.

I'm not sure what was ever decided about the MTU issue.  (Should a work-around
be in the IB CM, CMA, or ULP...)  For a failed/rejected connection, I can see
that it makes sense to return to either the previous state or an error state,
but I don't think that the CMA does this currently though.