[openib-general] Re: OpenIB documentation

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Mar 22 09:19:47 PST 2006

Quoting r. Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at pathscale.com>:
> > Specifically, I would like to have some
> > information regarding how to use libibverbs, such as a spec sheet,
> > etc.
>
> There appears to be no documentation for libibverbs, either.  Roland, is
> this correct?  If this is the case, do you have any plans to provide
> documentation?

infiniband/verbs.h is pretty well commented, so you can look there.
libibverbs API matches IB verbs very closely. So, look in chapters 10 and 11 of
the infiniband spec.

BTW, Roland, given that libibverbs headers are commented in the kernel-doc
format, wouldn't it be possible to run kernel-doc on them and produce
man pages? what would be the best way to do it? html documentation
would be nice too, we could also upload a copy to openib web site
once in a while (each release?).

--
Michael S. Tsirkin
Staff Engineer, Mellanox Technologies