[openib-general] ehca weirdness??

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Mar 23 13:35:50 PST 2006

    Troy> Okay, this is hokey. Both drivers should be able to
    Troy> coexist. Here is a full strace with the libmthca.so removed,
    Troy> which still doens't seem to work right.

Yes, the drivers should be able to coexist.  I just meant that
libmthca was the one looking for the "vendor" attribute -- it won't
find it, and (correctly) conclude that it can't drive that device.

I'm not sure why libehca doesn't think it owns the device.  I would
suggest putting some printf() calls in the openib_driver_init()
function in ehca_uinit.c to make sure it's getting called, and figure
out where it's bailing out if it is.

 - R.