[openib-general] Problem running Diagnostic tools

Albert To albertt at broadcom.com
Mon Mar 27 11:08:09 PST 2006

Hi,

I followed the "Installation Cheat Sheet" from OpenIB Wiki's website to
install management tools (e.g. OpenSM, Diag tools, and libs) from
trunk/src/userspace/management link.  I was able to execute the
instructions without any errors.  Afterwards, I have Diagnostic tools in
/usr/local/bin folder and library files in /usr/local/lib folder.
However, I received "ibstat: error while loading shared libraries:
libibmad.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory" error while executing ibstat command.  I checked library file
libibmd.so.1 and found it in /usr/local/lib folder.

My questions are:  How do I get the diagnostic tools (such as ibstat,
ibping, ibhosts, etc...) to work?  Is there an environment variable I
need to set?  Thanks in advance for your help.

-Albert