[openib-general] Mainline 2.6.16 kernel with openib userland libraries

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Mar 27 18:25:53 PST 2006

    Viswanath> I tried using openib userland libraries with mainline
    Viswanath> 2.6.16 kernel but ran into a strange problem. A
    Viswanath> userland application which uses CM and VERBS library
    Viswanath> which works fine with earlier releases stopped working
    Viswanath> with no error (in API's). When I put the analyser on, I
    Viswanath> see the CM connect sequence is fine but when
    Viswanath> ibv_post_send (RC send) the DLID field in the LRH
    Viswanath> header is zero causing the packet to be dropped.

Can you post code to reproduce this?

How are you setting up the struct ibv_qp_attr that you use to
transition the QP to the RTS state?  In particular, what is in the
.ah_attr.dlid field?

Did this code work with mainline kernel 2.6.15?  If so you could do a
bisection on the changes between 2.6.15 and 2.6.16 to pin down which
patch broke things.

Thanks,
  Roland