[openib-general] Mainline 2.6.16 kernel with openib userland libraries

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Mar 27 19:39:14 PST 2006

    Viswanath> My guess is the bug is in userspace library, since a
    Viswanath> kernel module which uses the same API's in kernel mode
    Viswanath> works fine. I will work on the sample code and send
    Viswanath> it..

It would still be good to know what kernel change triggered it though,
I guess.  If I'm understanding you correctly, the situation is:

 boot into kernel 2.6.15 (with kernel IB stack) -- app works
 boot into kernel 2.6.16 (with kernel IB stack) -- app fails with
   exactly the same binaries (including libraries)

Is that right?

 - R.