[openib-general] InfiniBand 2.6.17 merge plans

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Mar 28 10:47:36 PST 2006

Roland wrote,
>   - userspace RDMA CM, which exports the abstraction to userspace.
>     The feeling is that this interface needs more time to mature.

The userspace RDMA-CM is currently being used by uDAPL and seems to
work fine for that application. Our testing so far shows that the code is
stable. However, uDAPL also has a socket based mechanism that can used until
the CMA
is merged. If others think it still needs more time to mature, then uDAPL
has an interim solution.

my 2 cents on this one.

woody