[openib-general] ipoib multicast timeouts

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Mar 28 12:58:09 PST 2006

>    Sean> After studying ipoib more, I'm leaning strongly towards
>    Sean> option 1 at this point. I don't think that ipoib would
>    Sean> benefit from using the multicast module, nor do I think it
>    Sean> would it simplify the code any.
>
>OK, that's fine.  The only thing to make sure of is that the multicast
>tracking module understands that IPoIB may join/leave multicast groups
>itself.  Are you planning to forbid consumers of the multicast
>tracking module from using IPoIB MCGs?

My plan was to control which groups were created/joined when creating the
userspace interface.  I can still try to convert ipoib to use ib_multicast, but
need to understand better how ipoib attaches/detaches from a multicast group.

Does ipoib ever try to join the same group twice?  I was just assuming that it
didn't based on how it tracks the ipoib_mcast structures.