[openib-general] ib_local_sa testing and observations.

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Mar 30 11:16:29 PST 2006

Moni Levy wrote:
> That probably means we'll have a period at the beginning of
> the fabric bring up during which the SM will just not be able to
> process any queries. That's the exact period that all of the IPoIB

A configurable delay, update_delay, was added to the local SA to help alleviate
initial query storms during fabric bring-up.  It can also be used to ensure that
all nodes in the fabric are initialized before any of them query the SA.

Longer term, it would be nice to be able to save cached data to disk, for faster
boot-up times.  Plus add a new query interface to obtain only the differences
between a given snapshot and the latest SA state.